The 1.3 Patch, released on June 18 1998, is the penultimate official patch for Battlezone. The sheer volume of changes to the game's graphics led to it being dubbed the Enhanced Graphics Edition. Its changes were later incorporated into 1.4.
Major Changes[edit | edit source]
Major graphical enhancements for hardware accelerated mode. The Large Assets Patch, required to use these enhancements, was distributed separately.
- Five new Deathmatch maps added
- Multiplayer performance stabilised
- Additional cheating protection
/kickcommand added to multiplayer
- Bailing out in Deathmatch changed to give two deaths
- Fixed issues with 3Dfx cards
- Resolutions larger than 640x480 fully supported and no longer reset on exit
- Wrangling the Fleeing Herd repaired and Allying added to German version.
- An assortment of crashes fixed
- Comet Cruise fixed
- Issues with modem-only games resolved
- Settings changed before game launch now apply to all players
Release[edit | edit source]
The 1.3 Patch was released online for download and version 1.31 was incorporated into OEM copies of the game distributed by IBM during the summer and fall of 1998. The differences between the two versions are negligible.
References[edit | edit source]
|Battlezone||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3 · 1.4 · 1.5)|
|Battle Grounds||Overview (1.1)|
|The Red Odyssey||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3)|
|Battlezone II||Overview (1.1 · 1.2 · 1.3)|
|Battlezone 98 Redux||Overview (2.1.192 · 2.1.201 · 2.2.301)|